Even with the rise of social media and digital marketing, the printed marketing newsletter is still the first choice in the printer’s marketing tool box.
It seems many “experts” have declared the printed newsletter dead and written the eulogy.
Here’s why they are dead wrong.
First, the people arguing this point have a vested interest – they are selling digital solutions, and if they can convince their prospects that print is dead or dying, more dollars will come their way.
Second, and very ironically, the rush to digital has actually made print stand out as unusual for some – it’s now thought of as non-traditional – a way to stand out from the crowd.
One thing those “experts” don’t want to admit: print still commands more respect and attention than online messages.
Keeping a printed marketing newsletter in your marketing arsenal gives you these strong benefits:
- Credibility – the printed word is still perceived as more credible to many people than anything on the web.
- Positioning – your printed newsletter stands out as unusual and valuable, and sets you apart from your competition.
- Showcase – every newsletter you send is a showcase for the quality of your work, and demonstrates the use of print to get results.
- Economical – as a printer you have a unique advantage – you can advertise through print at very close to cost.
- Longevity – many people will keep your printed newsletter around and think of you for months.
Whether you create your own marketing newsletter, use our service or another to make it easier, please just make it your first priority – it’s the single best marketing move you can make.
Next step: Check the Ultimate Marketing Newsletter For Printers: PrintHints v2.
Watch the video from this post on YouTube: Marketing Newsletters For Printers.
Here’s a selection of resources backing up the idea that a printed marketing newsletter is still the best bang for the buck for any business. Bear in mind, because of the cost advantages unique to printers who get to print their own advertising, a printed newsletter is really a “no-brainer” decision for you.
Dan Kennedy on marketing newsletters: “My single biggest recommendation is the use of a monthly customer newsletter. Nothing, and I mean nothing, maintains your fence better.”
Entrepreneur blog: Why Print Newsletters Can Be the Secret Weapon in Your Social-Media Marketing Arsenal. “Print newsletters arriving by mail, opened, physically handled, read, clipped from, saved, and shared have positive effects that cannot be replicated online.” – Kim Walsh Phillips
One Response to Still the first choice in the printer’s marketing tool box